Pages

woensdag 27 november 2019

Motivational speeches

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. That's how winning is done. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you want to be because of him, her or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that." - Rocky Balboa


I remember watching a short fragment from Rocky Balboa where this quote is from. It was the first time that I felt motivated by a speech someone gave. At that time I just started blogging for a few months and I didn't wanted that anybody I knew would know that I've had a blog because I was really insecure about it and scared for bad reactions. After seeing this fragment I got so motivated and told some friends and family about my blog. It was probably the hardest thing for me to do at that time, but I was so happy and especially proud of myself that I did it.

This speech told me that no matter how much negativity people would give me about having a blog, this was something that I really liked and cared about. So why would I let other people's reactions affect this?
At the end of the day, everyone has the right to have their own opinion. The choice is in your own hands on how you deal with it. Is it really worth it to just stop doing something that you actually like just because someone else doesn't like it?

After having this positive experience, I've decided to search for more similar video's on youtube. This was the moment I discovered TED Talks. I literally watched for hours that day and I'm still watching them.
In these video's you'll see people from all over the world who are spreading their ideas about any topic you can probably think of in short, but powerful talks (which only lasts for about 18 minutes). 
When seeing these talks, I truly believe that everyone should give this a try because the ideas and stories that these people share could change your mindset or attitude. And on the other hand, it's just very interesting and worth it to at least give it a try.

These kind of video's have been motivating me for so many times. Lots of the stories where they are talking about could sound very familiar, which give you a feeling of understanding and support. The ideas that are being discussed are told from a personal perspective, which makes it easier to understand or even applicable in your own life. 

Website TED: https://www.ted.com