Pages

donderdag 12 december 2019

Exploring new places

Wandering, travelling, exploring. It's a gift when you are able to see new places on this beautiful world. We often forget how much beauty this world has, people are nowadays so busy that they stop looking around.


I grew up in Bruges, a small city in Belgium. It's a place with loads of history, buildings and tiniest houses. I lived here for 22 years and i used to forget to see the beauty of the city because i was used to it, and because i was constantly focusing on the too many tourists in the streets. I forgot to enjoy the place where i lived.

When i was around thirteen years old i went to Belarus, far away from the touristic places. The people there were living with so much less then i had, but they were so happy and grateful for the things they did have. The whole town where i was staying knew and always helpen each other; whilst I don't even know who my neighbors are?

Three years ago I went to Norway to work and live there on a sheep farm for a few months. I was staying in Gamvik, nearby Hammerfest, surrounded by mountains and the see. It's by far the most beautiful country i've visited. I definitely want to see more of the Scandinavian countries.

I truly believe that going to other places can change your mindset a lot, and i think it's also very
important to expand your knowledge about the world. The big advantage nowadays is that it keeps getting easier and more accessible to travel. You don't even need lots of money, due to all the different kind of ways of transport and residence.
Do some research and write down the places you want to visit, and don't forget to be adventurous.